There’s a reason why we have been designated a “military-friendly school” by G.I. Jobs magazine for multiple consecutive years. We value your military service and are here to support all veteran, service member, and dependent/spouse students.The (VRC) is located on the Central Campus in Blue Bell behind Parkhouse Hall and next to the Fine Arts Center (FAC).
The VRC provides services and assistance to veterans, service members, and spouse/dependents with their transition to college. Services include but are not limited to VA work study opportunities, Student Veteran Organization (SVO) meeting headquarters, Veteran Service Team (VST) meetings, a veteran lounge and computer area, assistance with VA educational benefits, VA educational certifying officials, general VA information, etc.
The Center invites campus and community resources to provide workshops, presentations and other outreach events to assist veteran students with their transition to collegiate life.
Veteran's Resource Center Brochure
- Apply to MCCC and to the VA for Education Benefits via VONAPP
- Once you are officially accepted and receive a student ID # you must take the placement tests. For more info about setting up an appointment and/or their hours of operation view the Placement Testing page.
- After you have tested, visit Orientation to learn more about your next steps and/or schedule your new student orientation.
- Once the VA processes your VONAPP application they will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The COE will explain which benefit you have been approved for and the number of months you are entitled to.
- The Veteran Resource Center will need a copy of your COE, DD-214 (Chapter 35 and 33 Transfer of Entitlement do not need to provide DD-214), and Veteran Orientation Form. Once you register please submit a Veteran Benefits Intent Form, this form notifies us you have registered and that you would like to utilize your benefit for that term.
- We also recommend students register at eBenefits. This is a great resource for all veteran students. This site allows you to view your VA educational status, access documents, review your current GI Bill usage, etc.
- Every semester you will need to fill out and bring in a Veteran Benefit Intent Form, if you plan on using VA Benefits. Be sure you are registering for courses within your degree of study. The VA will not pay for courses not affiliated with your course of study.
Course scheduling preference means that veteran students receive an earlier registration time appointment than students with the same class standing during the registration period for credit based courses.
Veteran students, for this policy, meet the following criteria defined in Act 46:
- The student has served in the United States Armed Forces, including a reserve component or the National Guard;
- The student was discharged or released from such service under conditions other than dishonorable;
- The student has been admitted to the public institution of higher education.
Veteran Students, as defined above who have provided supporting documentation (DD214, or Military Orders etc…), will be able to begin registration 24 business hours before priority registration.
- Educational Benefits
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- MCCC Scholarships
- Web Automated Verification of Enrollment for Chapters 30, 1606, and/or 1607
- Apply for Joint Services Transcripts (JST)
- Go Army Ed
- USA Government Jobs
- Hire our Heroes
- VA Careers
- Feds Hire Vets
- PA Career Link
- PA State Civil Service Commission
Healthcare and Other Local Resources
- Philadelphia VA Medical Center
- Coatesville VA Medical Center
- Horsham (Willow Grove) VA Outpatient Clinic
- Spring City VA Outpatient Clinic
- Vet Combat Call Center
- Veteran Crisis Line
- Montgomery County Vet Center
- Compensation and Pension Benefits
- PA Operation Homefront
- After Deployment
- A Guide for Service Members Returning from Deployment
- A Guide for Family Members Dealing with Returning Troops
- Student Adjustment
- Housing Assistance
- Home Loan
- PA Department of Military and Veteran Affairs
- Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Orientation Form – The staff of the Veterans Resource Center will need this form only once. It provides us with demographic information.
Veterans Benefit Intent Form – This form is to be filled out and given to the staff of the Veterans Resource Center every semester after you have registered for classes.
VA Change of Major Form – If you change your major, or your school, you will need to fill this out and get it to the staff at the Veterans Resource Center.
Requesting your DD214 – Use this form to make a request to get your DD214. Staff at the Resource Center need your DD214.
- If you are a Veteran, a spouse of a Veteran, or a dependent child of a Veteran
- If you are serving in the military, are a spouse of someone serving in the military, or a dependent child of someone currently in the military
- If you are a civilian working at a Department of Defense facility here in Pennsylvania, and residing in Pennsylvania, their spouse or a dependent child.
For spouses and dependents of any of these categories, the student must provide verification of that status every semester they are enrolled here at Montgomery County Community College. That verification would need to be provided to enrollment services.
A Veteran, means any individual who has served in the National Guard, the Reserves, or on Active Duty with a discharge other than dishonorable. Veterans must provide a DD-214 to show that they did serve, and did receive a discharge other than dishonorable.
To receive these benefits, you must verify your status within one of these categories, and show appropriate documentation to the enrollment services office.For more information on this please see House Bill 131 passed in July of 2015.
Frequently Asked Questions
Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents, and Survivors- 2016
For information about the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits programs, assistance in completing the application for benefits, and registration for courses, contact
|Central Campus in Blue Bell
|West Campus in Pottstown