Veterans Resource Center

Committed to serving those who serve

There’s a reason why we have been designated a “military-friendly school” by G.I. Jobs magazine for multiple consecutive years. We value your military service and are here to support all veteran, service member, and dependent/spouse students.The (VRC) is located on the Central Campus in Blue Bell behind Parkhouse Hall and next to the Fine Arts Center (FAC).
The VRC provides services Military Friendly School 17 Silverand assistance to veterans, service members, and spouse/dependents with their transition to college. Services include but are not limited to VA work study opportunities, Student Veteran Organization (SVO) meeting headquarters, Veteran Service Team (VST) meetings, a veteran lounge and computer area, assistance with VA educational benefits, VA educational certifying officials, general VA information, etc.                                                                                        

The Center invites campus and community resources to provide workshops, presentations and other outreach events to assist veteran students with their transition to collegiate life.

Veteran's Resource Center Brochure

  1. Apply to MCCC and to the VA for Education Benefits via VONAPP
  2. Once you are officially accepted and receive a student ID # you must take the placement tests. For more info about setting up an appointment and/or their hours of operation view the Placement Testing page.
  3. After you have tested, visit Orientation to learn more about your next steps and/or schedule your new student orientation.
  4. If you would like to have your military or prior college transcripts evaluated please see Mrs. Mary Beth Bryers in the Student Success Center (215-641-6319 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.). To request your military transcripts: Marine Corps, Army, Navy, Coast Guard: Joint Services Transcript (JST) Air Force: The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
  5. Once the VA processes your VONAPP application they will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The COE will explain which benefit you have been approved for and the number of months you are entitled to.
  6. The Veteran Resource Center will need a copy of your COE, DD-214 (Chapter 35 and 33 Transfer of Entitlement do not need to provide DD-214), and Veteran Orientation Form. Once you register please submit a Veteran Benefits Intent Form, this form notifies us you have registered and that you would like to utilize your benefit for that term.
  7. We also recommend students register at eBenefits. This is a great resource for all veteran students. This site allows you to view your VA educational status, access documents, review your current GI Bill usage, etc.
  8. Every semester you will need to fill out and bring in a Veteran Benefit Intent Form, if you plan on using VA Benefits. Be sure you are registering for courses within your degree of study. The VA will not pay for courses not affiliated with your course of study.

Act 46 of 2014 requires public institutions of higher education in Pennsylvania to provide veteran students, as defined in the Act, with preference in course scheduling.

Course scheduling preference means that veteran students receive an earlier registration time appointment than students with the same class standing during the registration period for credit based courses.

Veteran students, for this policy, meet the following criteria defined in Act 46:

  • The student has served in the United States Armed Forces, including a reserve component or the National Guard;
  • The student was discharged or released from such service under conditions other than dishonorable;
  • The student has been admitted to the public institution of higher education.

 Veteran Students, as defined above who have provided supporting documentation (DD214, or Military Orders etc…), will be able to begin registration 24 business hours before priority registration.


Veterans Orientation Form
– The staff of the Veterans Resource Center will need this form only once. It provides us with demographic information.

Veterans Benefit Intent Form – This form is to be filled out and given to the staff of the Veterans Resource Center every semester after you have registered for classes.

VA Change of Major Form – If you change your major, or your school, you will need to fill this out and get it to the staff at the Veterans Resource Center.

Requesting your DD214 – Use this form to make a request to get your DD214. Staff at the Resource Center need your DD214. 

There is a benefit that you may be entitled to as a student here at Montgomery County Community College. If you meet any of the qualifying items listed below, you will be billed at the in-county rate, regardless of where you live in the state of Pennsylvania.

  • If you are a Veteran, a spouse of a Veteran, or a dependent child of a Veteran
  • If you are serving in the military, are a spouse of someone serving in the military, or a dependent child of someone currently in the military
  • If you are a civilian working at a Department of Defense facility here in Pennsylvania, and residing in Pennsylvania, their spouse or a dependent child.

For spouses and dependents of any of these categories, the student must provide verification of that status every semester they are enrolled here at Montgomery County Community College. That verification would need to be provided to enrollment services.

A Veteran, means any individual who has served in the National Guard, the Reserves, or on Active Duty with a discharge other than dishonorable. Veterans must provide a DD-214 to show that they did serve, and did receive a discharge other than dishonorable.
To receive these benefits, you must verify your status within one of these categories, and show appropriate documentation to the enrollment services office.For more information on this please see House Bill 131 passed in July of 2015.

Frequently Asked Questions

Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents, and Survivors- 2016

For information about the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits programs, assistance in completing the application for benefits, and registration for courses, contact

Central Campus in Blue Bell
Phone: 215-619-7307
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
West Campus in Pottstown
Denise Williams
Phone: 610-718-1839
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.