Providing high quality pre-kindergarten —
because every child is Pennsylvania's future
Children who come to kindergarten without all the skills they need often struggle in school — not just in kindergarten but also in the years that follow. By participating in a quality pre-kindergarten program, your child has a better chance of being ready for kindergarten and grade school, doing well in school, going on to college or career training, and getting a good job.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Pre-K Counts program is designed for children ages 3 through pre-kindergarten who are at risk of school failure because of family income challenges (up to 300% of the federal poverty level). Our Pre-K Counts program features
- Teachers with the education and expertise to teach young children
- Learning that helps your child grow academically and socially
- Regular reviews your child's progress
- Learning activities that are best for your child
- Help for you and your child adjusting to pre-kindergarten and smoothly moving on to kindergarten
- Small class size to give your child plenty of one-on-one time with the teachers
For Pre-K Counts eligibility and other information, contact us at 215-641-6618 or visit www.pde.state.pa.us.
Helping Pennsylvania's children reach their promise through
Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts.