Located on the Central Campus in Blue Bell, the Children's Center at Montgomery County Community College is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and has received the highest rating from Pennsylvania Keystone Stars, Star 4. The Children's Center has been honored as an "Engaging Diverse Families Exemplary Program" (one of ten throughout the United States). For more information please visit http://www.naeyc.org/ecp/trainings/edf.
The Center is a nurturing learning community for young children ages 2 to 5 years. Our early care and education program combines the characteristics of a quality childcare environment with the enrichment experiences of a preschool or nursery school setting.
- highly qualified teachers and assistant teachers
- excellent teacher/child ratios
- preparation for kindergarten
- a nationally recognized, developmentally appropriate curriculum
- nutritious lunch and snacks during the fall and spring semesters
The Center is open from 7:40 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 12 months, including most days the college offices are open (with the exception of the final two weeks of August). Summer Camp is offered mid-June through mid-August. Please see the Summer Camp Registration Form for more information.
The Center serves the children of students, staff, and faculty of the college as well as children from the community, as space is available.
Registration opens when college course registration is available. All children must be enrolled on a regular weekly schedule. Please see the registration form for fees and schedule options. Children do not have to be toilet trained prior to enrollment at the Center.
To be placed on our waiting list, please submit a current registration form with the $30 nonrefundable registration fee, which will be applied at the time of enrollment. For the Pre-K Counts waiting list no fee is required.
Summer Registration Form
Fall Registration Form
Financial Assistance Options
- The Pennsylvania subsidy system, managed by Child Care Information Services at 1-877-472-5437.
- MCCC Financial Aid office, 215-641-6566.
- If your child meets the “at risk” and age requirements for Pre-K Counts and the Center has a space open, no fees will be charged for the hours of 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday during the school year. Please see Pre-K Counts for more information.
To schedule a tour or for more information, please contact Debbie Ravacon, Director, at 215-641-6618 or email email@example.com.