Each year, alumni, friends, community members, and corporate partners give funds to the Montgomery County Community College Foundation to provide scholarships for students. Any new or returning Montgomery County Community College student is eligible to apply for Foundation scholarships.
Scholarship Application Process
Each scholarship has specific criteria for eligibility and most require completion of an online application. Some scholarships may require additional materials such as an essay or letter of recommendation. These can be uploaded during the online application process.
Students who receive scholarships will be selected prior to the start of the upcoming semester. The Financial Aid office will notify scholarship recipients by mail or email.
The amount of the scholarships will vary and will be credited to the student’s account. For most scholarships, half of the scholarship will be awarded in the fall and half in the spring semester.
Foundation scholarship recipients will be asked to:
- Sign the Foundation Scholarship Contract
- Write a thank-you letter to the donor
- Attend the Salute to Excellence recognition dinner event (usually in March)
- Remain in good academic standing and continue to meet the specific criteria of the scholarship. A scholarship can be revoked if the recipient no longer meets the criteria.
The majority of scholarships are awarded in the fall semester for the upcoming academic year. To be considered for these, keep in mind the following deadlines:
- Start applying for scholarships as early as March 1.
- The online application tool will walk you through a series of questions and identify which scholarships you might be eligible for. If a scholarship requires additional documents e.g., reference letters, essay, you’ll be able to upload these to your application. You can also access the online application through your MyMC3 account.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the May 1 priority deadline.
- Complete and submit your scholarship application by the May 15 deadline.
- Register for the fall semester by June 1.