Are you looking for a career where you can help others feel better by relieving their pain and stress? If so, Montgomery County Community College’s Massage Therapy program is for you. This comprehensive program will provide you with the education, skills and practical experience you need to pursue this rewarding career.
MCCC’s six-month Massage Therapy program is designed to prepare students to pass the State Board of Massage Therapy’s approved licensure examination.
The program will teach business fundamentals, anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, history of massage, body mechanics, massage techniques and rehabilitative aspects of massage. Additionally, students will have practice on proper massage protocol for various populations.
Full-time Program Dates
- Starts: March 19, 2018
- Ends: September 6, 2018
- Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
NEW! Part-time Program Dates
- Starts: January 2, 2018
- Ends: December 21, 2018
- Schedule: The part-time program will be covered in two parts:
- First half: January 2 - June 7, 2018 on Tuesday & Thursday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- First half: June 11- December 21, 2018 on Monday, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cost & Requirements
- Required: 50 hours of practical massage time outside of class
- Cost: $7,950 (includes books & supplies)
- Uniforms required
- Financial aid available
- Employment is projected to grow 22 percent from 2014 to 2024
- Growth is higher than average for all occupations
- Increase in demand for these services will lead to new openings
- Massage therapists work in array of settings, including spas, franchised clinics, physicians’ offices, hotels and fitness centers.
- Some massage therapists may travel to client’s homes or offices.
*U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics