A hospitality certificate prepares students for a wide variety of entry-level positions in the hospitality industry.The program introduces students to the basic philosophies of the hospitality industry and offers the student a well-rounded academic experience that prepares the student for a successful career as a hospitality professional. Upon completion of the program, graduates receive a certificate in hospitality.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the concepts and skills necessary to achieve customer service excellence.
- Apply basic culinary terminology, knife skills, cooking techniques, and appropriate safety and sanitation practices for the hospitality industry.
- Use technology to achieve operational efficiency and productivity in hospitality operations.
- Exhibit personal and business standards accepted in the hospitality industry.
- Develop a professional career portfolio.
|CUL 101||Culinary Foundations||3|
|CUL 102||Hospitality Fundamentals||3|
|CUL 120||Introduction to Culinary Techniques||3|
|HOS 111||Introduction to Hospitality Management||3|
|CUL 114||Food and Beverage Operations||3|
|CUL 151||Purchasing and Cost Control||3|
|CUL 170||Management and Supervision||3|
|HOS 185||Managing the Customer Experience||3|
|CUL 220||Menu Planning||3|
|HOS 214||Fundamentals of Special Event Mgt.||3|
|HOS 251||Principles of Tourism, Hotel & Casino Mgmt||3|
|HOS 297||Cooperative Internship in Hospitality Management||3|
TOTAL SEMESTER CREDIT HOURS: 36