Board of Trustees Policy
Board of Trustees Emeritus
- To recognize extraordinary and significant contributions to Montgomery County Community College by the Board of Trustee members.
- To offer privileges to former Board members as a means of keeping them affiliated with the College.
Criteria for Selections
A Trustee who has served a minimum of 12 years (two terms) and who has achieved a record of distinction may be designated by the County Commissioners and/or conferred upon by the Board of Trustees the status of Trustee Emeritus. This status shall be granted for life.
- Recognition by a Commissioner or Board of Trustees resolution of Emeritus status;
- Receive notices of all meetings of the Board and invited to attend meetings as a NON-VOTING member of the Board;
- The Trustee Emeritus is not counted as a member of the Board because of the non-voting privilege; and
- Invitations to College activities and special events.